How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected error on any Android Device?
Screen Overlay Detected: Hey Guys, Welcome to WildTricks! Today we are back with the solutions to fix Screen Overlay Detected on any Android Device. Screen Overlay Detected error appears on almost all Android Devices such as Samsung, Lenovo, LG, Motorola (Moto), HTC, Tecno and on all Android Devices which works on Android Marshmallow (6.0).
Solutions to fix Screen Overlay Detected on Any Android Device:
Screen Overlay Detected popups are not a temporary, and there isn’t one same solution to disable screen overlay detected popups for all Android Devices, hence to reach to the working solution of this error first you need to understand:
- What is Screen Overlay?
- Why does Screen Overlay Detected popups appear?
And finally, it will be easier for you to understand that:
- How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected popups on your device?
What is Screen Overlay?
Screen Overlay is a special permission granted to Android Apps, with the help of which Apps such as Chat Head of Facebook Messenger and Rocket Cleaner can appear on the top of other App Screen. Nowadays almost every app is using this permission to enhance its user experience. Messenger, ES File Explorer, DU Booster and Cleaner are dominantly using this Screen Overlay feature. You need to temporarily disable Screen Overlay permission of some Android apps to turn off Screen Overlay Detected popups on your device.
Why Does Screen Overlay Detected Popup Appear on Android:
As per the Android Marshmallow (6.00) Terms and Policies, When you install any new app on your Android Marshmallow device then you need to manually grant to all permissions such as (Storage, Contact, Camera). But due to some bug in android marshmallow version you need to turn off screen overlay of all apps while accepting permissions of any app. And if active screen overlay of any app is observed while accepting permissions then a sudden pop up with Screen Overlay Detected message will appear. It won’t allow you to open any newly installed app or app which is asking for permissions such Gallery and many other apps.
There are many applications such as Clean Master, AZ Screen Recorder, Whatsapp Popups, Popup Notification of Inbox Messages, Chat Head of Facebook Messenger and many more which uses Screen Overlay Feature. But no need to uninstall those apps from your device. We have got an easy solution to apply where you will be easily able to turn off screen overlay of all application on any android device like Samsung, LG, HTC, Oneplus, Lenovo and all Android devices.
Devices in Which Screen Overlay Appears:
Generally, Screen Overlay Detected appears on many android mobiles like Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, S6, Note 5, S5, Note 4, LG G4. But we have got a solution on How to turn off screen overlay on all Android devices.
Screen Overlay Detected Appears on android when you start the newly installed app for the first time. And then sudden some popup appear like this:
Screen overlay detected
To change this permission setting, you first have to turn off the screen overlay in Settings > Apps.
How to turn off Screen Overlay: Solution of Screen Overlay Detected is a bit tricky. Different apps already installed on your android device may cause this error but we will apply the ultimate solution that will solve this error anyhow. Generally, this error is found on Samsung, LG, Tecno and LG devices.
As different devices have different setting configurations hence we have also written screen overlay settings for each device separately. First, read general solution below which is working for almost all Android devices.
- 1 How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected error on any Android Device?
- 1.1 What is Screen Overlay?
- 1.2 Devices in Which Screen Overlay Appears:
- 1.3 Screen Overlay Detected
- 1.4 How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected?
- 1.5 How to turn off Screen Overlay
- 1.6 How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected error on Samsung Galaxy Devices
We have got 3 solutions to turn off Screen overlay Detected popups on all android devices, below is Solution 1.
Screen Overlay Detected
Suppose you are installing a new app on your Android device and Screen Overlay Detected Popup is not allowing you to open that app then first close that app and follow below settings to turn off Screen Overlay of all apps on your android device:
- Open Settings then Click on Apps.
- Clісk оn Three Dоtѕ on tор right corner and tар on Configure аррѕ.
- Click оn Draw Ovеr Othеr Apps.
- Now a list of downloaded apps that have Screen Overlay permission will appear.
- Now to get the whole list of screen overlay apps including your system apps, click on three dots on top right corner and then select “show system apps“.
- Now simply Turn Off Screen Overlay for all apps one by one.
Once you disabled screen overlay of all apps including system apps then try to open the newly installed app on your device and see if screen overlay detected popups are appearing again or not. If Screen Overlay Detected popups are not appearing then That’s Great! But If Screen Overlay Detected popup appears again then try clearing data of that newly installed app and then restart your android device. Follow below settings to clear data of newly installed app:
*If Screen Overlay Detected popups are appearing on some other app except newly installed app then no need to clear data of that app, just you need to restart your device.
- Open Settings
- Click on Apps
- Now select the newly installed app on which screen overlay detected popups are appearing
- Tap on Storage
- Now click on Clear Data option
Now restart your Android Device and open the newly installed app on which screen overlay detected popups were appearing. Screen Overlay Detected popups must disappear and you will be able to use any newly installed app on your device.
*Do share your views in the comment section below if the above solution worked for you Guys or not. This will help your friends.
As different Android devices have different setting configuration hence different solutions are working for different devices. Hence we started collecting different solutions to Screen Overlay Detected error for different Android Devices. Read Screen Overlay Detected Solutions for Samsung, Motorola, Tecno and LG Devices:
If you have got any other device than Samsung, Tecno, Motorola, and LG then check below Solution 2.
How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected?
Find Out Victim Screen Overlay App
As per our observation Screen Overlay Detected in many Android devices is caused by some selected applications, so it’s better to find out which app is exactly causing this issue on your device. Further, you can uninstall or temporarily force stop app causing Screen Overlay Detected pop-ups on your device. Earlier we recommended to Reset App Preferences to solve Screen Overlay Detected issue on their device but now recommend to go for some other solution, that is to find out which app is causing this screen overlay issue on your device. Directly you can’t point out which app was causing this issue, you need to apply some trick as below.
- First of all, uninstall or temporarily force stop all security and booster applications from your device. Security and Booster App list consist of DU Apps, Battery Doctor, Booster, Cleaner, 360 Security and many other apps. They can be identified by their name itself.
- Temporarily turn off messenger chat head.
- Uninstall or temporarily force stop ES File Explorer.
- Temporarily force stop all apps which can appear on top of other apps such as messenger chat head, Booster Rocket (On Home Screen), Screen Recorder, Night Mode and many such apps can appear on top of other apps.
If this doesn’t solve Screen Overlay Error then do read solutions submitted by our readers. As different Android devices have different configuration hence different solutions are working for different devices. Hence we started collecting different solutions to Screen Overlay Detected error from our reader, which worked perfectly for them.
How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected on any Techno Device:
- If you are using Techno Device, then uninstall or disable Babel Fonts App and just reboot your device, this will permanently disable the Screen Overlay Detected popups on your Tecno device.
How to turn off Screen Overlay
Reset App Preferences
Turn off screen overlay of all apps on any Android device by using the second method. In Solution 1 we manually turned off screen overlay of all apps one by one and in solution 3 you just need to reset app preferences, which will turn off screen overlay of all apps in one simple step.
This solution has worked for some of our readers yet we do not recommend to apply this solution because this may change a whole lot of app setting configuration on your device.
Follow below settings to Reset App Preferences on any Android device which will turn off screen overlay of all application just in one simple step:
- Open Settings from the menu.
- Then Click on Apps or Application.
- Clісk оn Three Dоtѕ on tор right corner and tар on Reset App Preferences.
This is the ultimate solution, hence now Screen Overlay of all apps must be turned off on your device.
WhatsApp Plus: Do you know that you can read your Girl Friend and Crush messages without Blue Tickmark using WhatsApp+. You can change the theme of your WhatsApp, set different notification tone for different friends and lot of more features. Download WhatsApp Plus Latest Version.
How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected error on Samsung Galaxy Devices
We have got 3 solutions of Screen overlay Detected error for all Samsung devices.
Screen Overlay Detected on S5, S6, S7, J7, Note 5, Note 4 and all Samsung Devices
Screen Overlay Detected on may appear on all marshmallow samsung device such as Samsung S5, S6, S7, J7, Note 5, Note 4 and all other Samsung Devices. You need to turn off screen overlay of all apps on your Samsung device to get rid of Screen Overlay Detected popups on your any Samsung device. Using solution 1 we will manually turn off Screen Overlay of all android application on your Samsung device.
Follow this simple setting to turn off screen overlay on any Samsung device:
- Open Settings from the menu.
- Then Click on Applications.
- Open Application Manager.
- Clісk оn More on a tор right corner and tар on Can Appear on top.
- Now a list of downloaded apps that use Screen Overlay will appear.
- Now to get the whole list of screen overlay apps including you system app, again click on More on top right corner and then select “show system apps“.
- Now, simply Turn Off Screen Overlay for all apps one by one.
This solution has worked for many samsung users and this will most probably fix screen overlay issue on your samsung device. If this solution didn’t helped you guys then try second solution.
Screen Overlay Detected Samsung
Find Out Victim Screen Overlay App on Samsung
Screen Overlay Detected error is caused on Samsung by apps which can appear on the top of other apps such as Chat Head of Facebook Messenger and many other apps. You need to uninstall or force stop apps which are causing this screen overlay issue on your Samsung Device. First, you need to find out which apps are causing Screen Overlay issue on your device, so below are some hints to identify which apps are causing screen overlay problem on your Samsung Device:
- All apps which can appear on the top of screen such as Messenger Chat Head, Animated Rocket Launchers and there are many other apps due to which Screen Overlay Detected may appear on your device.
- Force Stop ES File Explorer, because screen overlay detected error also appears due to this File Explorer App.
- All apps which can change the color of your screen including all night mode apps will cause screen overlay error on your Samsung device.
- All security, booster and cleaner app are also responsible for this screen overlay detected.
These were just few hints to find out apps which may cause screen overlay detected error on Samsung devices, further you just need to guess which installed app may appear on the top of other app and just uninstall all those apps from your Samsung device.
Follow below screen overlay settings to Reset App Preferences on any Samsung device which will turn off screen overlay settings of all application just in one simple step:
- Open Settings
- Goto Application
- Clісk оn More and then tар on Reset App Preferences.
This is the ultimate solution, hence it must solve Screen Overlay Detected on your Samsung device.
You may also have faced many more error on your android device read all android error solutions from below:
- How to Fix Google Play Services Has Stopped In Any Android Device
- Download WhatsApp Plus Latest Apk (Update Feb 2017)
- How to Fix Unfortunately Google App has stopped
- Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Version – How to fix?
- How To Fix Unfortunately App Has Stopped
- PVSTAR+ Apk – Play Youtube in Background Android
- Discord Overlay Not Working
So this was the easy guide on how to turn off Screen Overlay Detected on any Android device. Do comment which screen overlay solution worked for you guys and we would be glad to answer your queries and do mention your device name and model if this solution didn’t work for you guys.