How to Fix DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN Error In Google Chrome
DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN or DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is most common error in Google chrome. This days due to some bugs in latest update of network configuration in windows 10, windows 8, windows 8.1 and windows 7 DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN have started appearing in Google Chrome. Many android users are also facing this problem. Though we have complete internet connectivity but this error have gone viral and we are unable to use internet in google chrome. This error appears due to some problem caused by firewall or some dns connection or due to some flaws in APN. We have also got solution to error such as DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET which is faced by chrome users.
Like ERR_CACHE_MISS Error, DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN may also appear due to list of reasons. First reason may be incomplete internet connection or it may be due to some error Domain Name System (DNS) connection or due to some flaws in apn or it may also appear due to some technical problem in your WiFi Router. We are going to fix this DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN using cmd, by changing the DNS Address, by resetting flags settings and updating drivers to latest. We will also discuss here on how to update latest driver update so that your PC will turn to more efficient machine.
If you felt that error is appearing due to incomplete internet connectivity then you must check in any browser like Internet Explorer or Edge.
The error appears something like this:
We are going to provide you the best solutions and most probably one will solve your error.
We are going to fix this DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error using 5 methods below:
- Using Command Prompt
- By Changing the DNS Address
- Reset all to default in Google Chrome Browser
- By updating your drivers to latest
Using Command Prompt
Open Command Prompt using Run As Administrator. Click on start menu and search for cmd. Right click on Command Prompt and click on Run As Administrator.
>>>If you are on MAC then open c:\ root.
Now enter this command in command prompt one by one and hit Enter after each command.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
And just restart your PC and that’s it. It must resolve DNS probe finished nxdomain error.
By Changing the DNS Address(TCP/IPv4)
You can solve DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN by changing DNS address in TCP/IPv4 settings.
How to change DNS in Windows 10:
- Right Click on Windows Logo then click on Network Connection.
- Now Right Click on network you are connected with, then open Properties.
- Now Find and select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Now select Use The Following DNS Server Address.
- Preferred DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Alternate DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
Now Apply the settings and restart your PC and your problem must be resolved now.
Reset all to default in Google Chrome Browser
- Copy and paste chrome://flags/ in the address bar of chrome and press Enter.
- Now click Reset all to default button (Situated on Right Side) and Relaunch Google Chrome.
This must resolve your issue if it doesn’t then your drivers of your PC must be outdated. You must update drivers for network configuration and this will surely solve your issue.
Update Driver Software
You must update your device drivers at least once in a three months to maintain efficiency of your PC. If DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN isn’t solved by applying above solutions then apply this method. It will most probably solve any error related to network configuration.
How to update Driver of PC:
- Open Run (Windows+R).
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Now you will see one option of Network Adapter in the list.
- Expand Network Adapter and Right Click on Your Network Connection.
- Now click on Update Driver Software.
- Now click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Now select the option of Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Now select your compatible network hardware and click Next.
- Now after successful update of drivers you will see the dialog box of successful driver update.
That’s it. Now restart your PC and your problem must be solved.
Read Also About Other Google Chrome Errors:
- How to fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE – No data received in Google Chrome
- How to remove Avast SafePrice from Chrome and Firefox browser?
- How to Fix DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN Error in Google Chrome
- How To Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET in Google Chrome
- WebGL hit a snag – Google Chrome Error – Solved
From above all three solution of DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN OR DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN solution 1 of cmd is working for most of users, but if it didn’t then you can apply next 2 solutions. And if even solution 2 and solution 3 aren’t resolving Google Chrome issue then solution 4 is surely going to work for you. If it didn’t then you must contact your ISP provider. Do share your views on which solution resolved your issue in comment section below. And if you have any question then we would glad to reply your queries.